Some time ago I made a commitment to my dear friend Mr. Lamshed that I would join in his efforts to support cancer research. As I've stated before, Mr. Lamshed and his students participate in an annual event called Clippers for Cancer. During this event his students raise money for the McGuinness McDermott Foundation for childhood cancer research. After much planning I'm very glad to say that my students and I are ready to join Mr. Lamshed in his support for cancer research centers.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a foundation that is dedicated to breast cancer research and serves as the largest breast cancer research foundation in the world. All over the US this foundation holds regional events called "Race for the Cure" in which people turn out to show support for this foundation and raise boat loads of money that support breast cancer research. Our class will be joining the many that support this cause by creating a team for the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure event that will be coming up April 24th.
Anyone can create a team for this event and raise money, I have created a team under the name of "Mr. McClung's Class". The idea is to recruit as many members as possible and collect as many donations as possible. How do you do this? Very simple...
- Visit our team page at :jkmcclung
- Find the button located at the bottom of the page that says "Join Team"
- Register yourself and choose an event to take part in
- The events include a 5k race, self timed walk, bark for a cure, etc...
- Can't make it to the race, but still want to be on our team?
- There is an event called "sleep in for a cure", you can join this event and make a $25 donation without even showing up
- Don't wanna join the team but you want to help out?
- Not a problem, there is a button located on the right side of the paged labeled "make a donation to this team", There you can donate your desired amount to our team